We believe your participation in the Vikingland Builders Association (VBA) will strengthen your business and our vision for the local housing industry. You can expect to receive the following benefits with your membership:
- Advocacy – Legislative Action, Lobbying Efforts, Governance Affairs—Local/State & National
- Knowledge – Industry Experts Shared Knowledge, Timely Building Industry Notifications
- Exposure – Membership Promotion, Greater Exposure Exclusive to Members
This is a 3-in-1 Membership as it includes local, state & national building industry association memberships.
We accept two types of members:
Builder member – builder membership is available to any person who is or has been in the business of building or remodeling homes, apartments, schools, commercial industrial or other structures normally related and appurtenant to a community, or in land development, and who subscribes to the NAHB Code of Ethics and is of good character and business reputation.
Associate member – Associate membership is available to any person engaged in a trade, industry or profession related to housing and not inconsistent with the objectives of NAHB or any of its affiliates; and who subscribes to the NAHB Code of Ethics and is of good character and business reputation.
Plus, there are many benefits that all our members are entitled to:
- Discounts and Exclusive Member Benefits:
- Obtain liability and workers compensation insurance through: The Builders Group & Continental Western (designed by the industry for the industry).
- NAHB Member Advantage Program & BAM Discounts on the following: $500 GM – vehicle purchase/lease discount, cell phone discounts of 15-22% from Verizon, Sprint, T Mobile, AT&T, GM, Geico, Hertz, Avis and Budget car rentals, Holiday Gas Stations, APP, Dell, Hewlett Packard, Office Depot/Max, Lowes, UPS, Wyndham Hotels, Endless Vacation Rentals, Omaha Steaks, FTD, TransFirst, BAM Member Rebate Program, 2-10 Homebuyers Warranty.
- Networking and events:
- Participation in VBA Home Tour events where potential customers can talk to you one on one about your quality craftsmanship or products and services.
- Opportunity to attend annual events including our Golf Tournament and Holiday Party
- Attend regular VBA Membership meetings.
- Access to state and national network & trade shows (example: BAM Builders Convention & IBS Show) at member discount rates.
- Opportunity to get involved in regional housing community projects.
- Access to local industry related continuing education (Contractor, Lead Renovator & more) to meet licensing requirements at member discount rates.
- Receive email blasts regarding latest building industry updates.
- Access to member only State & National building industry publications.
- Business Promotion
- Marketing/Advertising opportunities through annual events and regional VBA event publications. Marketed within the VBA network as well as the general public within our region.
- The VBA promotes your company as a member on our website and in our Home Tour Magazine along with other various publications throughout the year.
- Award and leadership opportunities. You can get involved at every level (local, state & national).
- At all levels of government affairs, for example member representation on local ordinance and comprehensive plan committees, and as a state and national lobbyist working on the industries behalf on legislative action that impacts our industry.
Additional items continually added… What do you want to see added to this list? The VBA Board of Directors is committed to supporting the members that support the VBA. The VBA Board is looking for member feedback to ensure this. If you would like more information regarding any of the above benefits, please feel free to contact us.